One of the first mecha kit i built years ago when i was at school. Based on the VF-1J that appears in Macross Plus as a Target Battriod.
Kit that i bought was about 10 years old so the decals where ruined when i made this. Was just glued and the detail were painted, not painted white is just bare plastic. Was really happy with it when i first completed it but could do a whole lot better with the newer Hasagawa kit.
Found this in a box which ive kept lot of little things which i find hard to get rid of.
After adding the weapons and masking of the engines and canopy, its time to paint, first a primer last night. Then got the whole bird painted up today, was quite cool to use the airbrush after all the practice ive had.
Mixed the colours myself using images ive collected instead of the guide colours. Thought the there was a hint of blue in with the grey which would make sence as harrier tend to be carrier based.
To make the darker grey pattern on top of the harrier i masked off the aread using blue-tac then sprayed that leaving a very nice finish line i think, which i could only ever do with the airbrush. Unfortunatly i sprayed the fuel tanks too, which ive now tanken off and respray next time i get the airbrush running.
Finally masked off the top part of the harrier and sprayed the belly in a light grey. Let this now try for a few days, then add the final detail paint work, engine, light etc.
Super happy with the way she turning out, this is what makes the airbrush so damn good.
Some more done on the wee harrier with a compare against the Dragon version, which you can see is not all that great.
The Dragon kit, which you could tell is a Harrier but one which was mastered using no referance. Still the kit comes with better weapons and decals. Dragon kit it had really rounded off edges and the panel lines don't seems to be correct at all. From what ive researched the revell version is almost perfect.
Weapons pylons and all the other little bit have been attached and is now ready to have the canopy glued, masked and then primed.
My first resin kit the Yellow Submarine 1/144 scale SDR-04 Phalanx Mk XII which is almost finished if only i could make decals. Printing the homemade decal is fine, what i have a problem with is creating what i want on the computer due to lack of any sort of draw program.
Still the Plalanx looks fine with out the the big M's on the missile tubes, though to me it will only be finished once there applyed.
Decided to make a little dio of the destriod as if it being postioned ready for some sort of daedalus attack.
More done on the Harrier, practically ready to paint i think. Is one very nice build, this Revell kit is quality. I'm becoming a big fan of the Revell 1/144 kits, going to have to start assembling more of a stash of them.
Added a little detail to the cockpit and painted that up.
Reckon i will have it primed by the end of the weekend.
The last model i completed with the airbrush practice. Really like the F-15 Eagle but will have to have a look for a better model than this one. None of the decals are correct, used random ones from my left over decal stash.
Really like the underneath, lots of fuel tanks and weapons. Engines turned out fine also.
The next practice model to be paint and the one with my favorite paint-work. Really very happy with the blue hues i got on this bird.
Shame the Revell model is under-scale, would be a great to build this properly if it where 1/144.
You can see the bare plasitc in the canopy where i rushed the model so i could use the airbrush, if i had just painted that black it would look like a alright build.
Started the Harrier today, as with every model aircraft i make begin with the cockpit as per the intructions.
Added a little plasticarfd with break up the simple cockpit, need a thinner plasticard as what i used looks quite chunky. Then paint and a quick wash.
Painted up the turbine and glued up the cockpit.
Which was a mistake. Should have put the engine in first then glued, going to have to pull the model apart to get that in. I always get myself in these silly situtation due to not following the intruction corectly.
New kit i bought knowing it would'nt be up to much but bought to get the parts. Hoping build a better GM Sniper, which is a personal favorite.
Beam Sniper rifle was what i was really after and a very cool piece of kit it is. Since its an older HG kit the joint are really simple so the photo below is about the only pose i could really pull off except a standing pose.
Comes with a real nice bazooka aswell, never had any of my other gunpla come with this style of weapon before.
Had good fun airbrushing these 2 espeacially the Mig-29 with it blue hues. Reckon ive figured out the basics on the airbrush by the time there two where completed but then will see when i attempt a model ive taken time building.
Below photo is straight after airbrushing and the one above is a few little details paint and then engine, then sprayed a clear gloss coat ready for the decals. Great gloss coat like ive never achived from a rattle can before.
Have no decals for the F-15 going to have to use spares from left completed model, which might look wrong from what ive got to use.
Think i might buy some those hrow away glove due to my finger now being the same as the jets.